This Week in My Kitchen

With the lovely people at http://beautythatmoves.typepad.com/beauty_that_moves/2014/09/this.html ...


an olive-pistachio quick bread (not as tasty as I'd hoped):



Latin Kale from my super-fav Longevity Cookbook by Rebecca Katz (fantastic):

a fresh pickly thing only I liked!:



a bean-kale-nut-winter squash dish (just okay):


a Mesoamerican-ish dish with summer squash (you can tell we're sort-of between seasons here), with roses my husband had just brought home; I served the food with a favorite avocado toast inspired by Gwenyth Paltrow's It's All Good (I just spread out a softish avocado half onto a piece of toasted seed bread and top it with balsamic reduction and finishing salt and pepper):




homemade granola, my favorite sweeter one (I just posted the recipe at http://favoritefoodthisweek.blogspot.com/2014/09/my-favorite-homemade-sweeter-and.html ):



totally amazing eggs I've been adoring since 1978 and am having here for a mid-morning snack at my desk with tea -- you brown the butter and add a good squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper -- it's from the Egg section of my favorite cookery encyclopedia, seen in the left column, from Woman's Day:
Next-to-last, I made a very easy and very delicious carrot salad from my favorite raw cookbook, which I must add to the left column's list of favorite cookbooks -- Jennifer Cornbleet's Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People, revised edition.

...and one more cup of tea.